About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Bethlehem's Blue Become Bottom-Feeding Bloggers!

Is the world upside down? We all can understand why someone like me is a bottom-feeding blogger. For one thing, I'm a drunk, my ticket to practice law was taken away and I manage to piss people off without even trying.

I'm a natural.

But the Bethlehem police? You got it. In an effort to improve communication with the public, the boys (and girls) in blue have started the Bethlehem Police blog, and are now posting event information, traffic alerts, crime alerts and suspect photos and video.

If you live in Bethlehem, this is something you'll want to check regularly.

There's a facebook page and twitter account, too!

I just hope they post nothing about "Summer hours."

12 comments:

Crispus Attucks said...

I've been reading this. Good move on Justin's PR part. Now if we could just get the lazy union cops to enforce laws we would be okay.
The WaWa must feel awful safe...........

Anonymous said...

Your a drunk? whens the last time you had a drink or when was the last time you got loaded? just saying, Does not that term ''drunkard'' exclude sober living?
You may be a bottom feeding blogger but i believe you put in your sobriety time!?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Once a drunk, always a drunk. I have been sober since '85, but will always be an alcoholic. Many of us refer to ourselves as drunks, so we don't get too uppity. Right now, I am going thru a nightmare cold (might be bronchitis or walking pneumonia), but can't use Nyquil or any cough syrup containing alcohol. Same with mouthwash.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, I too "won't use Nyquil
Not because of your reasons, just can't get by the taste...
That said, if you have bad congestion Actifed works great for me, although it makes you sleepy.
It isn't sequestered behind the counter like the ones used for Meth.
You can find the active ingredient on the Actifed website and buy the store brand to save a couple bucks.
The new Weis market in Forks has it on the shelves. Good luck and don't sneeze on your keyboard, because I don't want to catch your cold.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Actifed is an antihistamine. I can't take those, either. Not bc I'm an alcoholic, but I have a reaction to antihistamines. Thanks for the suggestion.

Trudie said...

Hope you're feeling better Bernie and CONGRATS on 26 years.

Anonymous said...

bernie.........get some fatty chicken parts, a big pot of water, some carrots, celery some pepper, salt,basil and some talliricos chicken base for soups.........mom and pop called it jewish penicillin....works for me. Hope your feeling better after you try it.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Thanks. Will try.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, you might want to cook those ingredients BEFORE eating them.

Trudie said...

the boy just can not take a compliment

Anonymous said...

Bernie, just noticed the calendar at the bottom of the blog. What is that all about?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I set that up to keep track of evening meetings, but have not been filling it in, so I'm an idiot.