About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, January 16, 2012

ET to Host LV Bloggers' Night

Tonight, at 6:30 PM, The Express Times will host a LV Bloggers' Night tonight at the artsy-fartsy ArtsQuest Center. I'm unsure whether there will be an online chat, or whether this is just a social get together. But I'll be there.

Will it be to speak to blogger Michael Donovan, Noel Jones or ET Editor Joe Owens? Nah. Will I be there to speak to the two reporters who now cover Allentown? Nope.

I'll be there to get a $2 discount for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, which will be featured as soon as the shindig is over. I'll give you a review, both of the movie and the new ArtsQuest Center, on Tuesday.

15 comments:

Critical Mass said...

Bernie

Question

Did you change the background for your blogsite?

I liked the parchment better.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I did. The new background has some features that did not previously exist. Over the weekend, I rec'd a few emails that were positive. I like the parchment look a little better, too, but think this will be better.

Anonymous said...

If someone just shows up, do they charge of the movie?

Anonymous said...

I like the old style better

Bernie O'Hare said...

"If someone just shows up, do they charge of the movie?"

Don't understand your question.

ironpigpen said...

LV Bloggers' Night?

Who is sponsoring this event --- the former Lehigh Valley "Independent" Blog?

I was not invited and I am just so shocked, not to mention, devastated.

Can you please get the Fake Reverend to pray for me, if it is not too much trouble?

:)

Bernie O'Hare said...

If you read the article, you'll see a specific call for bloggers. You were invited.

ironpigpen said...

Oh, okay.

Cool.

I hereby suspend my request for the Fake Reverend's assistance indefinitely, much like the Presidential campaigns of Bachman and Huntsman have been recently.

:)

Anonymous said...

The fake reverend will give a fake benediction and all will pretend that Artsquest hasn't been a big drain on taxpayers for the benefit of the few. Should be a blast. Heard the movie is great.

ironpigpen said...

Anon 3:34,

Exactly how much cash is at stake with respect to this most unique wager and which side did YOU bet on?

:)

Juliet said...

it will be a gathering of self serving bozos

Bernie O'Hare said...

Oh, were you there?

Anonymous said...

Hey Bernie, did you go? How was it? Decent crowd?

Bernie O'Hare said...

It was great! Lots more people than I thought would come. I'll have a story tomorrow, as well as pics.

Chris Casey said...

There was a good discusion. I hope Owens succeeds where his competition has failed.