About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

Frank Flisser's Christmas Wishes

Northampton County Council members and executives have come and gone over the last thirty years, and council clerk Frank Flisser has seen it all. His is an "exempt" position, meaning council members could farm him out simply because they dislike the way he parts his hair. But he has impressed everyone over the years, even public pains in the ass like me, with his accessibility and dedication.

A "council clerk's report" appears near the end of the agenda for every public meeting. Frank usually offers a quiet "My report has been filed" or "I have no report" as council members get ready to run out of the building. But at the conclusion of last night's budget meeting, Frank actually had a report. "I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and I hope everybody gets what they deserve for Christmas."

When Frank retires, he plans to compete in the Tour de France. He's invited me to his office for a cookie today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oatmeal raisin?

Anonymous said...

Between Stoffa and Angle, Frank is burned out.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"oatmeal raisin?"

I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if Frank reads this blog or not, but:

Merry Christmas Frank (and it pains me to say "merry christmas"...ever since you christians stole the holiday from us druids). You were the best of the best to work with-a man of honor and intelligence working at the gates of hell. There are exceptionally few county empoloyees I miss, and you are one of them. Hopy you hsve a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

as i was part of the crew that hired Frank, some thirty years ago, I know we did something right that first year of our new county set up. Frank has always been a trememdous asset to any council person who wanted to use him. A person who is always truthful even when it hurts. Always helpful even to those who he may feel are not as loyal as they might be to him or to the tax payers of our county. Frank, to you and your family, Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Thank You for all the great years of service to us,the residents of Northampton County. the judge