About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, December 29, 2008

Can the US Run a Brothel?

According to an email I received yesterday, Uncle Sam fell on his face after seizing a Nevada brothel for back taxes and trying to run it. "Now, we are trusting the economy of our country and trillions of dollars to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze."

It's a great story, but false, having been debunked over at Urban Legends. I've looked over their top 25, and now realize I've been duped by a few of them this year. I actually thought the world's biggest dog, Hercules, was the real deal.

Unfortunately, much of the information we glean from the Internet is simply false. That includes blogs. Sometimes this one. I'm an opinionated bastard, but do try my best to get the facts right. If you think I'm wrong about something, let me know in a comment.

2 comments:

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

You mean the pictures from the world trade center viewing area, right before impact were bogus as well?

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

Also if you listen to Rush, Glen Beck, and Hannity numbers 25 and 14 are presented as facts.

Here's another Urban Legend to add to the list, those radio hosts are NOT assholes! Thats a myth if I ever heard one.

And the Jamie Lee Curtis one, that is funny. Considering how hot she was in the first Halloween. But the dopes that buy into that never saw her till "Freaky Fridays" and "Halloween H20" by then she had reached her late forties early fifties.

She didn't look to have any man in her when Dr Lomis saved the day.

Also where is the myth Pink Floyd recorded "Dark side of the moon" to play with the "Wizard of OZ".

That was a 1990's born pot head myth. What the dopey stoners forgot, was simple. Why would a band in the 1970's record a sound track for a film from the 1940s?

And they lacked CD's and CD players with repat in the 70's. It was written and recorded for vinyl. It was a mere coincidence, that would work two decades later. And not very well I might add.