About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, December 15, 2008

Daytime Christmas Lights

When my kids were little, we used to rate Christmas lights, from 1 to 10, at the homes we'd pass on our way to the store or to visit relatives. We'd all cast votes, but daughter Katie was the final authority.

I wish she had been with me when I visited my son at snow-covered Osceola Mills this weekend. That's a pretty little town around 35 minutes west of Penn State. It's a haul, especially in a battered old Jeep. But this trip, I was rewarded with a Christmas lights show during my daytime trip. One I hit the Poconos, ice-covered trees along the side of the highway shimmered a rainbow of colors in the sunlight.

Katie won't be home until January, but I'd give it a 10.

1 comment:

Pamela Varkony said...

Bernie,

What a lovely post: Sometimes we get so caught up in light displays and shopping that we forget how beautiful this season is when only decorated by nature.

I'm so glad to hear that Katie will be home soon. Please let all of us know when she has arrived. And be sure to tell her how much we appreciate her service.

Pam