About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Daily News Steals Empire State Building

The Daily News proudly announces that it just stole The Empire State Building, using fake deeds and notaries.
The massive ripoff illustrates a gaping loophole in the city's system for recording deeds, mortgages and other transactions.

The loophole: The system - run by the office of the city register - doesn't require clerks to verify the information.
Um, that "loophole" exists everywhere. I can't think of a Recorder of Deeds office in the country that requires clerks to verify what is presented. Doing so would result in recording delays, making even more fraud possible. (My thanks to Glenn for tipping me to this interesting story).

3 comments:

Blah Society said...

I'm going to New York next week. I'll try and return the building to it's proper owner.

Anonymous said...

Would someone please buy Easton? Bernie, can you help?

Anonymous said...

I just thought they were happy to see me.