About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Glenn Eckhart To Run For LC Exec

Glenn waits for Moe and Larry
Lehigh County Controller Glenn Eckhart will be announcing his candidacy for Lehigh County Executive tonight at Big Woodys' Sports Bar (1841 South 4th At, Allentown Pa 18103). The event runs from 4:30 - 8:30 pm, with pizza and soda on Eckhart.

"Republicans, democrats and independents welcome," he states. "Formal announcement will be at 7 pm. I hope you can share this time with me."

Eckhart is a conservative Republican currently serving his second term as Lehigh County's Controller. In the primary, he will face Lehigh County Comm'r Brad Osborne, who announced his candidacy for the GOP nomination in late January.

I am unaware what w=either candidate plans to accomplish if elected, but will certainly tell you about their platforms as soon as I get them.

According to incumbent Executive Tom Muller, Phillips Armstrong will be seeking the Democratic nod. Armstrong is a Whitehall Commissioner and a retired teacher.

Despite the lure of free food, I will miss Eckhart's announcement to cover a Hanover Township meeting tonight.

9 comments:

Hans Molander said...

Looks like your doppleganger but better dressed, maybe you can be his stoolie.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, OK

Anonymous said...

Seriously, he looks like he has put on a lot of weight to me. Hope he is well. He's a good man with a great deal of integrity.

Anonymous said...

Phillip Armstrong will do about as well as when he ran for sate rep. Enough with the retired teachers.

Chris Casey said...

Glenn is a good guy, and a doting Father. I am going, and I will be asking questions

Allentown said...

I agree Glenn is a good guy and aware of what is going on in the county government first hand. I switched parties to vote for him in the primary.

Unknown said...

Do you know his financial educational background? Degree in finance?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I don't think so but will be getting answers.

Unknown said...

Did he complete high school?