* Re-introduction of the “Safe Streets” community policing program to help municipalities combat crime by hiring community police officers.
* Adding positions to meet the growing needs of the District Attorney and Sheriff. This brings the Cunningham Administration’s total to 44 new public safety positions over its three years in office.
* Funding the purchase of records management software for police departments to allow every department in Lehigh County and many beyond to share real-time crime information.
* Additional funding for a Crime Data Center to help share crime tracking and analysis information across municipal lines.Completion of a new 9-1-1 communication center and the first phase of a forensic investigation facility for the coroner that will allow more advanced investigations.
* Additional funding for mass transit, including $75,000 for a feasibility study to explore the possibility of extending rail lines from New Jersey into the Lehigh Valley.