Instead of doing that, Longoons wasted nearly an hour trying to get rid of me, even though I am an elected committee member with a mandate of one (count it) write-in vote. They relied on state by-laws consistently ignored when it has suited their purposes. They even ignored a specific provision that grants me a hearing before the state committee.
I brought my trusty flipcam, and despite Long's efforts to silence me, was able to film some of the highlights. Now, you, too, can see what happens inside the dysfunctional world of the Longoons.
* Bethlehem Committeeman Rolf Treisner prances around with a wrinkled utilikilt and flip flops. "You're just jealous. He's got the legs," I'm told. (Video here).
* Joe Long tells the Committee to dump me because I support Charlie Dent for Congress. (Video here). Gee, so do a number of other Dem Committee persons. In fact, Joe Long regularly supported Arlen Specter when Specter was still a Republican.
* Callahan's apparatchiks look unhappily on from their thrones in a jury box. (Video here). Callahan campaign manager Justin Schall sports a yellow Callahan campaign shirt, demonstrating how Callahan has run from every issue.
* Sudantha Vidanage, a committee person who apparently is on loan from the Taliban, claims I'm a spy. (Video here). He later asks me to swear my loyalty on the Qur'an, and picks up a few stones.
* Tipstaffs drag me from Courtroom One and begin burying me up to my shoulders for the public stoning, until I tell them that Court Administrator Jim Onembo needs his ass wiped. They drop me like a hot potato and dive through a just-replaced window to escape a fate worse than death.
* Bob Freeman and Joe Brennan, running the show, decide to let me vote despite my general unpopularity among the Longoons. Says Freeman, "I think there's probably no one in this room who hasn't supported, from time to time, someone of the opposite party. ... I think we go down a dangerous path when we start to cherry pick who we want to accuse of not being loyal to the party." (Video here.)
* Curly Fleck: "We're going to be beating the hell out of the Republicans. Rrrowf! Rrrowf! Yes, I lost that Easton Mayoral race. I’m a victim of soicumstance!" (Video here). Former Congressional candidate Sam Bennett bursts into the room to do her own Curly impression.
* In case anybody missed him the first time, Bethlehem Committeeman Rolf Treisner gets up and does a little jig in his utilikilt (Video here). "Are you going to put that on your blog?" someone asks. Hey, far be it from me to make fun of another person.
* While votes are being counted, Bethlehem Committeeman Sudantha Vidanage demonstrates a Taliban missile, explaining why we need to pull out of Afghanistan.
The camera does not lie. But I do.
* After results are in, Michael Laws leads everyone in a stirring rendition of the Cha Cha Slide.