About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Northwest Bethlehem Blockwatch to Host Charlie Dent October 24

Bethlehem's Northwest Block Watch, which meets monthly at the Church of the Manger on Greenview Street, will host Congressman Charlie Dent on October 24 at 7 pm. Gus Loupos, who usually acts as facilitator of this group, tells me that there will be no debate. Dent will be there to discuss community safety.

Dent is now known as the I-78 Congressman, although his roots are in Allentown. His district was gerrymandered by the state legislature in 2010 to stretch along I-78 from Easton to Dauphin County.

The public is welcome at this community forum.

I already picked out my seat. I'll be in the Manger.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is challenger not invited? This appears to be an unfair political event. Very sad and un-fair.

Anonymous said...

hope he enjoys the face time - it will be some of his last - the rino is on the way out

Anonymous said...

March 24th????

Bernie O'Hare said...

I always do shit like that. Sorry. I fixed it.

Bernie O'Hare said...

7:51, Dream on. He's a grown up and that doesn't fit the mold of you grenade throwers.

Bernie O'Hare said...

4:43, It is not a debate and the block watch is not a nonprofit, but everyone is invited. My guess is that if Rich Daugherty shows, he would be welcome and asked to say a few words. I agree that at election time, it's best to invite all candidates, no matter what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Dent is a true rino. His lack of support for Mr. Trump will ensure a real Republican opponent next election. He has played us for far too long.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Yawn. That same complaint has been levied against him since he was first elected. Good luck.

Ovem Lupo Commitere said...

It is unfortunate that he is "known now as the I-78 Congressman." I have always liked Dent, and wish the Lehigh Valley was not split in the gerrymandering to help make Lou Barletta's district safer. It is a shame that a natural constituency like the Lehigh Valley was split. Us in Bethlehem Township, Easton, and the Slate belt, we are now represented by a WB-Scranton congressman.

I'd like to say that Dent is a rising figure in the GOP House leadership (or potential challenger to McGinty in 6 years if Toomey falls to the down-ballot effects of Trump). He is actually somewhat visible in the national media, which is hard for House members. But, we have to see what the GOP looks like a year from now.