Friday, March 28, 2014

Brown: Scalding Water Problem at Gracedale Solved

It might sound minor, but scalding water at a nursing home can be deadly. People suffering from dementia can be badly burned without knowing it. So a few weeks ago, when 190 degree water began gushing out of the faucets at Gracedale, Administrator Millard "Dee" Freeman was understandably concerned. His temporary fix requires a vast reduction in temperatures and escorting residents from one side of the complex to another so they could bathe. That problem, which required replacing hard-to-find pneumatic steam valves, might finally be over. Executive John Brown, at his biweekly news conference, announced that things are back to normal as of 3 pm Wednesday.

No comments: