About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I Had No Idea Thai Food Could Be so Deadly

On Thursday night, I had dinner with a friend at a Thai restaurant. I had delicious grilled pork chops and jasmine rice with avocado, basil, veggies and some kind of spicy curry. I made sure it was as hot as they make it, too. I topped it off with a mung bean and mashed banana concoction surrounded by sticky rice. Now when I got home, I admit I did have to use the facilities. I also confess it was a double flusher, but thought nothing more of it.

Until today.

I saw this headline in The Express Times: "Sewer gas sickens 10 in Nazareth area home, official says." It all happened just as they sat down to eat. The smell was so bad that two people passed out. Five were rushed to the hospital, and another five were treated at the scene.

I'm sorry. I had no idea that I caused a mass catastrophe.

Send me to North Korea and it's all over.


Anonymous said...

You can choke and gag and die eating anything. Don't worry about it. If it tastes good, eat it. If it sucks. like Red Beets, then don't.

Life is too short anyway.

Canary_In_Coalmine said...

Bernie: Glad everything came out all right!

Anonymous said...

What is your official endorsement of the best Thai restaurant in the area?

Bernie O'Hare said...

This is probably not the place where I should endorse the best Thai restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. I'd be banned.