Monday, September 23, 2013
Marcellus Shale Might Fund Trail Expansions
Did you know that the environmental impact of the D&L trail, which extends along the Lehigh River from Allentown to Easton, is $834,093? Or that trails are responsible for 768,000 jobs nationwide? Those are points made by Bentzoni's staff. So part of the tweaked plan, could include filling gaps on these six trails:
* NorBath Trail to D&L Trail in Northampton - This is a 1.2 mile gap.
* D&L Trail in Northampton and N. Catty - This is a 200' obstruction caused by a bridge and sewer line.
* South Bethlehem Greenway to Saucon Rail Trail. - This is a 0.9 mile gap. This would enable someone to travel from South Bethlehem to DeSales University, without seeing a car.
* Karl Stirner Arts trail to Palmer Bike Path. - This is a 1.1 mil;e gap.
*Tatamy Rail Trail to Plainfield Bike Path - 3.7 mile gap. This could hook the Slate Belt to other paths throughout the Lehigh Valley.
* Bushkill Tp PPL Trail to Appalachian Trail. - 2.6 miles gap requiring land acquisitions.
Solicitor Phil Lauer is a bit put out that there are more trail jobs than lawyers, so he's probably gonna' sue someone this week.