Monday, February 08, 2021

Drug or Alcohol Problem? Call 610-829-HELP

Beth Miller, Administrator of NorCo's Drug and Alcohol program, told County Council's virtual meeting on Thursday night that most people are unaware they exist. For that reason, the County program is being advertised at a billboard on Rte 22. People who think they or a loved one needs help can call 610-829-HELP for a free evaluation. 

Drug and Alcohol has received a $452,027 grant to help those suffering from opioid addiction. This money can be used to provide housing assistance, including emergency utility bills. 

A separate grant (Police Assisting in Recovery) enables police to refer persons who are sufferibng from addiction. Miller said police are "very enthusiastic" about the program. Police cab even bring a drug and alcohol counselor to the home of an overdose survivor to discuss treatment options. 


Anonymous said...

I attempted to call Pa HELP LINE about 10 days ago for a loved one and when the woman from Harrisburg attempted to connect me to the Drug and Alcohol Office, no one answered, we attempted another call, but again no personnel from this Office answered, and it was only 1:30 PM, so we then took her to the nearest ER where she was evaluated by a hospital worker and admitted to a rehab the following morning. If this office does exist, they need someone to answer the phone, especially someone in dire need like we were. Thankfully she is doing very well.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Was that the number you see above or some state number?