About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, February 24, 2014

LVR Does Header At Basketball Game

You've probably seen cheerleaders do death-defying back flips during breaks in the action at high school basketball games. Yesterday, I performed my own acrobatics, doing a header from the bleachers at Notre Dame High School. 

It's playoff time in 8th grade CYO basketball. Today, some teams were eliminated while others will continue next weekend. The two surviving teams will go on to the Diocesan championship. After my grandson's game, we stuck around to watch and exciting contest between OLPH (Our Lady of Perpetual Help) and HI (Holy Infancy). I decided to give up my seat for the parents, but tripped as I got up and went head first down the bleachers.

The only reason I avoided a broken neck or a concussion was the petite lady below me, an OLPH mother. I cascaded into her and two of her daughters. They broke my fall. 

They will be buried on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawsuit?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Good idea. I'm sure i can sue somebody.

Anonymous said...

I would think the woman and her children could sue for being struck by a large unidentified falling object.

Too bad there is no video, it would have been youtube hit.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It will have to be their estates. I'm afraid they didn't 't make it.