About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why Did Arcelay Quit NorCo Council Race?

Drivers boycott before this crew is allowed on the bus. Donovan had to sit in the back.
I had a special quiver full of arrows for Northampton County Council candidate Ismael Arcelay. Just last week, campaign consultant Mike Fleck was claiming that Izzy was right behind Jerry Seyfried and Ron Heckman in the polls, but Izzy has suddenly pulled out.

Why?

Official explanation to The Express Times: "[M]y current position does not allow me the time necessary for campaigning, and that's not fair to the city of Allentown, or to my volunteers and campaign staff ... blah, blah, blah."

Translation: "Fleck bled me dry, bro. I couldn't raise enough money to pay him. Can you spare me some bus fare to Allentown?"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Church and the maryor had the cash. There were other, shall we say, minor issues. Keep asking around.
This story is MUCH more interesting than one might think.

Anonymous said...

Arcelay knew you would be attacking him. He was aware that you were ordered by your new patron to take him out of the race. Word is, you are also supposed to take another candidate out of the the county council race. Since Seyfreid is now part of the Callahan groupies, who is the other person you are to attack?

Anonymous said...

Fleck could of billed Pawlowski for Arcelay Does Arelay sell real estate and that takes his ti me from campaigning.

Mark Baker said...

Could it be that he just wasn't worth a darn as a bethlum council person? Could it be that he has nothing but fluff on his resume? Could it be he decided he didn't want the embarassment of having his tiny political butt publicly shelacked?

Anonymous said...

Mark Baker Izzy does not have a tiny heiny, it is plump and firm.

Anonymous said...

All that and more-----------------------

Anonymous said...

Just maybe he is named in a civil suit against allentown, as one for his lack of action for the worthless along with king plumpa?

Anonymous said...

Is the photo by the bus intended to be funny? I don't believe there is any connection to Lanta or their union bus drivers. I stand to be corrected.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It was intended as humor to go along with my bus fare crack. I'm not snarking LANTA at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

When wuill you go after the other county council candidate the Callahan clan is trying to sink? You know exaqctly who they want to stop.

Anonymous said...

I like Izzy and think he would be okay on council.

The Lehigh Valley needs to elect more Latinos, and he's mild-mannered and easy to work with.

I was sorry to hear that he backed out.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry he backed out also. He would've been a barrel of laughs.