About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The Artistry of JCC Hoops

I wish my grandson was playing back in '93, when Michael Molovinsky was photographing the Allentown Jewish Community Center in action. He would do a much better job than I.

A minimalist, Michael will only publish one of three photographs he shared with me. I begged him to post them all, but that's not his style. His photos reveal the intensity and athleticism of the ball players. They also reveal Michael as a very gifted photographer. He's right up there with Dana Grubb and a few of the photographers I see from time to time, working for the dailies. To me, their work is art.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree; cool shot. This CYO kid used to regularly mix it up with the JCCs in Easton. Great players, great games and great memories. I remember going to a basketball friend's temple for the first time and wondering if I'd go to hell for wearing a yarmulke just hours after serving Mass on Sunday. My friend was so proud to show off their Torah Scroll. My mom reminded me later that Jesus was a Jew and my salvation was more assured than ever for showing proper respect to my older spiritual brethren. The photo brought back memories of good friends and valuable lessons learned through sports. Thanks MM and BO for sharing.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Thank you for the wonderful comment. I hope Michael sees it. The ecumenical movement the way I like it best - sports.

Tommy Chong said...

MM is a gifted photog, does he do any nudes?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Why yes. He has done some of me. They are for sale, and going like hotcakes.

Not Goose Stepping to King Edwin Palumpa said...

"I was recently asked how I always feel being the one against the six other council member," she said. "I don't feel myself as one in opposition to six. I see myself as one of the 4,501 in opposition to six."

Best comment every regarding any council member, nonetheless an Allentown City Council member. Kudos to Jeanette Eichenwald.

Sorry to go off topic, but she definitely needed a shout out!

Bernie O'Hare said...

It did.

Mark Baker said...

darn good grub is a better photog then he is a fighter or potentional candidate

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are leaving town. Really bad news for the city.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are leaving town. Really bad news for the city.

Anonymous said...

Most of the Jewish Community has left Allentown why should it stay in the city