About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ramadan Tent Dinner At Payrow Plaza


As the sun sank into the horizon, a group of hungry people began eating dinner inside a tent pitched at Payrow Plaza. Unlike most Musikfest revelers, this group is observing Ramadan, a month of fasting and prayers for Muslims around the world. The Lehigh Dialogue Center and Peace Islands Institute offered a meal, completely free of charge, to anyone interested in interfaith and intercultural dialogue. Another meal will be offered tonight.

Among those I saw at last night's meal was Lehigh County Judge Edward Reibman.

Ramadan ends on July 17.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Bernie a break. He learned from a master, Ron Angle.

Anonymous said...

I'm heartened to see moderate Muslim voices. I wish they'd speak out clearly and forcefully against the subjugation of women, rapes, clitorodectomies, honor killings, Muslim slavery, etc. Attempting to show us they're peaceful and loving falls a bit flat when they maintain their silence on these horrors.

Anonymous said...

Interfaith dialogue? That;s fantastic. How about rational, science based dialogue absent all of this make believe nonsense about gods, an after life, and fancy miracles? Think and stop being like a child who believes in Santa.

Anonymous said...

I love people like 7:36 who think that moderate Muslims not speaking out every time some radical nutcase does something in the name of Islam makes them complicit. I don't see conservatives crying out for every Christian leader to apologize when some asshole white Christian does something crazy.

Anonymous said...

I could never be one of them, I have to feed my face all day long and prefer my women naked vs covered in garb.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I am not going to allow anyone to post generalizations unless he or she has the courage to identify themselves so we all know who is a BIGOT.

Anonymous said...

Somebody should not have allowed you to steal from clients and make excuses for your evil actions. You're a special brand of asshole, asshole.