About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heavy Lehigh Valley Turnout

Ralph Stampone was the 25th voter at his precinct this morning. What's the big deal about that? It was only 7 AM. Stampone's report of a heavy turnout, made this morning on Ron Angle's WGPA 1100 AM radio show, have been confirmed throughout the day. When I voted in Nazareth late this morning, elections officials at my precinct indicated they were about 50 ahead the norm. And over 650 votes were cast by 2:15 PM in Upper Macungie 4, which is near 40%.

Traditionally, heavy turnout favors Democrats and challengers. We'll see.

8 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'll see you there tonight.

Anonymous said...

Remember folks...friends don't let friends vote Republican! Now get out there & kick some elephant ass!

LSTresidentPIA said...

Must be especially heavy in Allentown, where the guy smashed the voting machine screen, leaving only one machine to vote at. Can't do that with an old metal one...

Anonymous said...

At 11am, I was voter #204 in my precinct in Bethlehem. A poll worker said that is as much as they see all day in an average mid-term election.

LVDem said...

could you see somebody trying to take out one of those monsterous lever machines. You'd be wacking at that for an hour and still not make any impact.

Anonymous said...

I do love gadgets and cool techie stuff... but I really miss the lever machines for so many reasons.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I am really heartened by the heavy turnout. It's telling me that people do care and are ticked. I wonder if it will remain heavy this evening. I'd stop and check my precinct but alrerady voted there 18 times today. I think they're on to me.

Bernie O'Hare said...

LVDem, LST, Donna, I have a confession. As most of you know, I'm an alkie. That's widely known. But this little story isn't. One night, after getting completely zonked, I went with another drunk lawyer to try to break into a building by Gracedale to "check" the lever machines. We were sure they had been rigged somehow. Some cop saw us and I told him what we were up to and claimed we had a "common law" right to see those machines. I'm not sure why that little pig didn't arrest us. I think it was because the voting machines in questions were actually washers and dryers. The statute of limitation has expired on that one, but I still can't sleep easy. There's too many things I've done that I don't even remember.