About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Allen High School Parent Speaks Out Against Walkout

Carmen Aguila is a William Allen High School graduate who even volunteered volunteered her time for Michael Frassetto's United Youth Party. This is how she was treated by him on Tuesday morning for exercising her First Amendment right to disagree with him.

I am really hurt and feel very disrespected by your actions towards me this morning. I was minding my own business, on my way to work when I came across you and your protest. You asked if I support the walkout and my opinion is, no I do not. So you decided to embarrass me and started yelling over you're bullhorn and pointing to me. You and the kids were booing me. You let the kids curse at me. From day one I have always supported your group, being that my son and his best friend (who I love like a son) are part of the group. I volunteered time and energy also. You kept yelling over your bullhorn and wouldn't let me speak, and also the grin on your face. I wanted to let the kids know, ( which I wasn't even going to say anything until you started), my son was involved in the group, I volunteered for the group, but my son went to school everyday and went on to college. But you wouldn't allow me to speak. So that is what these kids are doing, out there disrespecting people. Even though I do not agree with the walkouts and how things are being handled, I never disrespected you. Thank you very much for disrespecting me and allowing the kids to do it also.

Frassetto never responded.

7 comments:

Dreaming of Justice said...

This lady said it all.
He also disrespects the students he misleads; and disrespects sincere students who remain in class.
How long is this going to be allowed to continue?

Anonymous said...

Tie him up and dump his butt of in Parkland.

PippySqueek said...

Wondering if anyone has heard any opinions from Frassetto's boss? Supporting, not supporting, planning on firing, etc...

Bernie O'Hare said...

I believe his bosses at the charter school where he is employed have spoken out against the walkout.

Charlie Sc said...

Bernie - The only think I heard the Medical Charter School administrator say is that Frassetto was told in the future he is not allowed to use additional school class time to organize protests with his students, and that Charter School students who skipped school will have an unexcused absence. I haven't heard any other comments - which makes everyone wonder whether that administrator encouraged the protest to get back at ASD for firing him.

Charlie Sc said...

typo - "think" should be "thing"

Bernie O'Hare said...

Charlie, I have not spoken about this with Jose, although I will at some point. I know he deeply cares about education and Allentown's kids. i think it was a big mistake to let him go. He likely agrees with many of the observations made by this group. Hell, almost everyone agrees that ASD is a struggling school district. From what I know of Jose, he would be front and center with Frassetto if he supported an actual walkout. I will talk to him about this eventually. I know that, right now, he is very happy watching his grandson play for the Bethlehem Steelers, and do very well, too.