Thursday, October 08, 2015
Pawlowski in Hot Water With FEC Over Campaign Finances
His last report, which covered the period between April 1 and June 30, reported $383,717 in contributions and $41,856.01 in expenses.
But it was wrong.
What was not generally known, at least until now, is that he amended his report on August 19, to claim that his contributions were actually $421,367.88 and that his expenses were really $45,426.68.
Who did he forget? Well believe it or not, Abe Atiyeh gave him $5,400, not the $1,000 he reported. He also completely forgot to report the $5,400 he received from Abe's wife Nimita, as well as another $5,400 from Priya Atiyeh.
Must have slipped his mind.
He also completely forgot to mention:
* $1,000 received from the City's Managing Director, Francis Dougherty.
* $1,500 from Mary Ellen Hausman, VP of Planning at Junior League.
* $5,400 picked up from former Fuller Co. owner Gopal Kapoor.
* $2,000 from electrician Munhel Makouhl.
* $1000 from Allentown property owner George Sam.
* $500 from Hellertown businessman John Schneider.
There are more.
Despite the Amended Report, the FEC now wants a full explanation from Fed Ed explaining why this was not included in the original report. They also believe he may have received illegal corporate and union contributions, as well as contributions from PACs not registered with the FEC, like nearly every PAC that contributed to him. He must respond by October 27.