About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, October 07, 2019

If You Want to Vote This November, Register Today!

On Saturday, I spent a few hours at Hanover Township's Fall Festival, demonstrating the ExpressVote XL system we will start using in November. I did this once before in Easton. Thanks to Northampton County's Amy Hess and Amy Cozze, there was a Herculean effort to introduce these new voting systems at numerous different locations. But I was disappointed. Aside from senior citizens and election workers, there was little interest.

What bothered me most was a young couple who walked by with their two children on Saturday. I asked if they'd like to try the new touchscreen with a vote-verifiable paper trail, and they politely said, "No thanks."

"We'll find out the results in a few weeks," smiled the father.

I realize municipal races are nowhere near as dramatic as a Presidential election, but your local government often has the most direct impact on your lives.

If you want to vote in November, today is the last day you can register to vote. You can do so online.

2 comments:

Jeff Fox said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Bernie can you review how to get an absentee ballot?