About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, October 12, 2009

Peg Ferraro Salutes Group That Dumped Her

Peg Ferraro has always been a voice of decency in Northampton County government. But over the years, she's lost some crucial elections because of her stands on controversial issues like 911. Last week, she saluted the very people who voted against her.

"I must say my life has really had parallels. On one hand, I'm a wife, a mother, three grandchildren, eight grandchildren and always have done the community service. On the other hand, my career of 29 years in the public school system.

"I strongly consider public service and politics to be public service. I came through the ranks of planning commission, zoning hearing board chairman and township supervisor, and this is actually my number 2o year anniversary of running for the first time for Northampton County Council.

"Now I've won a few and I've lost a few and you remember well in 1997 how the Pen Argyl Concerned Citizens did a terrific job, which is what democracy is all about, and I got booted out of office.

"We had a major difference of opinion, and that's what democracy is all about, and I appreciate this group for staying together, holding together the way you do, and fighting for what you believe."

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peg was caught lying. she seems to be doing it again!

Anonymous said...

my goodness, unless you made errors in your transcript, she sounds incoherent. She may very well win, but it won't be b/c of her coherency.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I have linked to the video. My transcript is accurate. Look at the video, then judge. I like what Peg had to say. It was comprehensible enough to me to understand that she was supporting democracy, somethig partisans usually don't do.

Donald said...

I am a big fan of Peg. In those years when I was organizing Demo campaigns I always stopped and voted for her. She has at times been the only adult on council.

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's high praise coming from you, Donald. peg will be pleaswed to know she attracts Dems, too.

Anonymous said...

I agree about her comments reading as if incoherent. She needs a Teleprompter.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Then you have not listened to too many pols. Peg is better thsn most.

Anonymous said...

Will Peg be voting to raise our taxes? Yes = gets my vote. No = gets my boot. What's it going to be, Peg?

Anonymous said...

She has a record of voting for tax increases. She supports Stoffa so ohare feels she is wonderful.

Question for every candidate BEFORE the election, will you vote for the John Stoffa Tax Increas? Yes or No?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Every elected official in office for any length of time must vote for a tax increase. A knee-jerk reaction like yours is irresponsible.

As far as asking officials, I would not believe Dertinger. He lied as recently as last week about his vote on the Wind Gap Road. i'd also argue that people like Dertinger have already voted for that tax increase. By encouraging all the union grievances and forcing the county to spend millions on a park in the middle of a recession, the tax increase should be named after McClure and Dertinger.

Anonymous said...

Will Angle vote for his boys tax increase? If he does not he is a hypocrite.

Anonymous said...

Agree, Angle and ohare encouraged employees to form unions, engage in lawsuits and go after Department Heads, when Reibman was around, I know I was an employee at some meetings.

Now that Stoffa is in they think we are greedy, what hypocrites.

Bernie O'Hare said...

If Angle or I atteneded meetings encouraging workers to unionize, that's news to me. I did speak out against Reibman's layoffs, which were an abomination. I did speak out for a living wage, something I believe in. And I will also speak out against a union that gets greedy or that forms a lynch mob to go after a "hit list" of employees it does not like.

Anonymous said...

Is Peg voting for the tax increase? Simple question requiring one-word answer. This is not difficult.

How about you, Ron Angle?

Yes or no, please.

Voters have a right to know.

Anonymous said...

Good question 10:46, but ohare won't ask it since he is to busy slamming Dertinger.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Before knowing how candidates feel about tax increases, it's important to know whether they are crooks and liars. Dertinger has definitely established the latter and is unwilling to discuss the former.

As far as tax hikes go, Dertinger & McClure have already voted for it with profligate spending over the last three years, which I've detailed.