About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, October 12, 2009

Bill Wallace: NonPartisan Democrat?

I've seen Bill Wallace's tattered briefcase at Northampton County Council meetings, decorated with all kinds of Democratic bumper stickers. But he pleasantly surprised me at the Pen Argyl Area Concerned Citizens debate by taking a bipartisan tone. He proudly describes his losing effort to Republican Mike Dowd.

"I'm proud of that campaign. Mike and I ran a very clean, a very upstanding, campaign. I consider Mike a very, very astute member of Council and I look forward to serving with him.

"I listen to voters. I think that's an important issue that I need to make clear. It isn't a home team, visitor team. We're all on the same team. I'd like to be part of this team because you can vote for me, I'm gonna' listen to you, I'll respond to your concerns, I will judge and make a decision just like a referee does and come to the right conclusion. Hopefully, we have a consensus and move this county forward."

4 comments:

Donald said...

That Easton Area district always had high road campaigns.

Lighthouse said...

He has seemed like a less partisan Democrat, yet if memory serves from your Primary coverage, hadn't he taken money from a Jersey union and Baltimore lawyer?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Lighthouse, I will check those reports tomorrow. They are online.

Anonymous said...

The Right Rev. Dowd is no man of the cloth.