About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Morning Call Refuses LTE Critical of State Rep.Gary Day

I often hear that The Morning Call is a biased rag. I agree it's biased, but believe the bias is neither liberal nor conservative. It is instead slanted to support crony capitalists. That's why it was so unwilling to take a hard look at Edwin "Fed Ed" Pawlowski over his years in office. It finally started when the feds were knocking at the door. This paper has always cast its lot with whomever it identifies as the ruling elite, no matter which party. So it's no surprise that this supposed guardian of free expression declined to publish Richard Horton's LTE criticizing Republican State Rep. Gary Day.

As a nerd, I actually look at campaign finance reports of my elected representatives to find out who they really represent

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my State Rep Gary Day (PA 187th) has received $25,000 from each of the two top people with the Rothrock automobile dealerships. That was two years ago, when he did not even have an opponent in the general election.

$50,000! Wow! That is potentially more than many people at the dealership earn annually - and more than half the salary of a state representative.

It kind of makes me wonder whom Gary Day is working for. I don't think it is me.

Richard Horton

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check your headline

Anonymous said...

What do you want the dude is a Gay!

Anonymous said...

The Morning Call is loyal to its advertisers, its legal representatives, and their owners political agenda. They have become nothing more than a propaganda machine,like most of the media today. How sad.

Bernie O'Hare said...

My original headline was a bit misleading. Thanks for pointing it out.