NorCo Director of Public Works Mike Emili briefed Bob Werner's capital projects committee last night on the status of our physical plant:
- Boilers have been replaced at the Juvenile Detention Center and Criminal Administration building. Boiler replacement at Domestic Relations is nearly complete.
- Milides Building. A meeting is planned with an engineer to design a new parking lot after demolition of the Milides building. A curtain around the edge is being considered to increase stability. in September, after steam line is finished.
- Security upgrades are planned later this year. Bathroom showers are complete Kitchen flooring work will start in August. Paving in the area around central booking is complete.
- After a five year wait, three emergency generators are sitting in concrete pads. Conduit installation is underway. When ready, Executive Lamont McClure:has vowed to christen them as if they were ships. He told Council member John Cusick, that he could christen one of the generators.
- Kitchen flooring work complete.
- Two Elevators (#5 and #6) to be replaced this month.
- Steam line by boiler to be replaced in August
- Parking lot paving will start
- Arcade roof is leaking and in process of being repaired.
- Therapeutic garden in design stage.
- Home renovations at Louise Moore Park nearly complete
- Bridge 115 (Mill St, Bath) goes out to bid this summer.
- P3 bridges. One bridge is done, two bridges are close to completion and another two bridges are underway.