About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Blue Lives Matter

Actually, all lives matter. This is National Police Week, a tradition started by President John F Kennedy. While most events will take place at the nation's capital, I'm sure our local officers will appreciate a simple thank you.

So that's what I did today. I pulled right alongside Nazareth Police Officer Stephen Schleig, who has been decorated several times and even delivered a baby, and thanked him for what he does.

"You're not writing another blog, are you?"

Last night, I also had an opportunity to thank another police officer. I left a Bethlehem Township Commissioners' meeting early and wanted to get home, put on my election judge nightgown and go to bed early for what will be a very long day today. He pulled me over because I was unfortunately driving too fast.

Whem he asked me where I had been, I told him I had just escaped from a township meeting .

"Oh, are you a Commissioner?"

"Worse, I'm a blogger."

"Step out of the car!"

I should be back in about six months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We agree...All Lives Matter. Thank you for recognizing those who serve and protect.

Unknown said...

Bernardo, ask for Work Release!

Bernie O'Hare said...

But then I'd have to work.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a ticket?