Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Where's Ott's Promised 16% Tax Cut?
1. Eliminate an "unnecessary" 16% tax increase.
2. Cut spending. He would not just slow the growth.
3. Balance the budget.
4. Stop drawing down the county's reserves.
Ott is in control of a five-person majority of like-minded people on a Board with seven Republicans. how has he fared?
1. He cut taxes less than 3% last year, far less than the 16% he promised. If it was "uneccessry" why didn't he propose that it be completely eliminated with the reduction he called for last year? And why no further reduction this year?
2. Spending has actually increased. The 2014 budget that Team Ott has just reworked and amended, spends $2.1 million more than this year. It spends $1.6 million more than the budget before Ott came into office.
3. The deficit in the 2014 budget as amended by Ott is $7.7 million. That is up from $7.3 million for this year and up from $4.3 million in the supposedly irresponsible budget before Ott came into office.
4. The county's reserves are down to $17 million which is what Vic Mazziotti says is the bare minimum. That compares to $25 million when Ott came into office.
So two years ago Ott promised a number of specific items, none of which has delivered and now he wants to make the same promises to convince you to elect him County Executive? Based on what accomplishments? Other than threatening to starve 85 year old women and insulting President Judges, what has he really done?