About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

New Saturday Feature: Opinions Online

If it's good enough for Huntington's Daily News, it's good enough for me. According to The Wall Street Journal, that newspaper hosted a feature called Opinions Online for many years. They are published every Saturday. But it's so controversial that community leaders convinced the newspaper to suspend it for a few months.

Starting this Saturday, I'll be introducing an Opinions Online here. It's an opportunity for you to sound off on any topic. You will have an Open Mike to sound off on topics that I miss or areas that need better coverage.

Here's how it works. All you need do is post a comment on the Opinions Online feature on my left sidebar. I am allowing anonymous commentary, but comments containing vulgarity or sexual language will not be published. I will allow comments that take aim at elected and public officials and public figures. But personal attacks aimed at private individuals will not be permitted.

Throughout the week, send me your opinions. On Saturday at midnight, they will be posted. This feature will only be as good as the comments received. I want to try it, and if it works, it will be a regular feature.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So basically it is your usual policy. What's new? You will get rid of any comments about your mancrushes and allow any attacks on those you hate like Pawlowski.

Don't really see the big deal.

Anonymous said...

5:13
Nothing is preventing YOU from writing love letters to King Pud here on this same forum.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It's an opportunity for comments that I consider off topic to be shared. It's a place for observations about matters I miss, or a place where people can add their own views. It will not be a place for hate and anonymous personal attacks.

Anonymous said...

Looking so forward to bashing Hillary Clinton. Can't wait

Bernie O'Hare said...

Use the feature on the left sidebar to submit your comment. It will appear Saturday.

Bernie O'Hare said...

So far I have 0 comments except for my own test comment to see if the feature works.

Anonymous said...

Do not let anions comment

Bernie O'Hare said...

I've got three comments thus far. This might work. Anonymity encourages debate. It does get abused, and I will watch for abuse.

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Will you ber stirring allentowns political pot of fermenting boil juice on the ass of the eastcoast¿!($

Bernie O'Hare said...

Opinions Online is not for me, but for you to stir whatever you think needs to be stirred.

Anonymous said...

It still boils down to you deciding who gets mentioned an discussed and whom doesn't. Everyone knows the people that will get a pass, so why bother bringing them up.

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's right. I will not allow anonymous trolls to take over.