About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, February 16, 2015

Finally! A Becahi Grad Running For Bethlehem City Council

FROM JEFF KOCSIS - Jeff Kocsis, a lifelong resident of Bethlehem, announced today that he is running for the two-year seat on the Bethlehem City Council as a Democrat.

Kocsis offers a strong sense of community and deep seeded roots in the city. His grandfather served Bethlehem as a firefighter and school bus driver while his father worked among neighbors at Bethlehem Steel. “My family always instilled in me the value of hard work and an appreciation for those in our community,” Kocsis said. “I look forward to the opportunity to represent Bethlehem and give back to those who have given so much to me.”

Kocsis, a 2004 graduate of Bethlehem Catholic High School and 2008 graduate of Moravian College believes in representing the below:
• economic growth and development
• clean and safe neighborhoods
• public safety
• government oversight and fiscal responsibility

Kocsis believes that smart growth and long term changes can offer Bethlehem a successful future while preserving the history and culture of the city.

Campaign website is www.kocsisforcouncil.com

Blogger's Note: According to his LinkedIn, Jeff is a compliance officer at the Pa. Gaming Control Board, whatever the hell that is. Currently, there are no Becahi grads on Bethlehem City Council. Reynolds, Callahan, Waldron, Stellato and Evans are all from Liberty, which is why I never trusted them. Recchiuti is a Freedom grad like Ken Kraft, and I trust them even less. Unfortunately, I'm a Beca grad, so we might be worse. The Pope has offered me money to claim I'm from an Abe Atiyeh Charter school or that I home schooled with Ron Angle. 

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do Bethlehem people ever vote for people that aren't inbred. For a city they are worse than Bangor.

Anonymous said...

any body except reynolds and recchiuti. stop the jc clan inbreeding

Unknown said...

Jeff will be a excellent Councilman. he worked for me several years ago and is a very hard and dedicated worker. good luck Jeff.

Chris Amato said...

Jeff is a very good young man with a well calibrated moral compass. He would be an excellent choice.

Anonymous said...

Martell is a Beca grad too.

I would like to see at least one Republican run or do they have absolutely no shot?

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Martell is a Beca grad too. "

There you go. I think he is Beca and Moravian, just like Jeff.

Folks, I really don't care where anyone went to high school and was just having fun.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Thanks, Jim and Chris, for endorsements with a name. Few people have the courage to do that anymore.

Unknown said...

Not afraid to hide who I am or what i say.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I wen to high school with Jeff. He was our class president. FYI he works for Lehigh County now. I don't think you can be involved with politics if you currently work for PA Gaming.

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's what I thought.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see at least one Republican run or do they have absolutely no shot?

None what so ever. barring some bizarre circumstance, a Republican cannot win there. The registration is far too lopsided.

Anonymous said...

I also went to high school with Jeff and he was a leader then and a leader now. He has a strong moral compass, works hard to accomplish his goals, and genuinely concerned with his neighbors and their welfare. He will focus on what matters and offer viable solutions. His positive character is unwavering. Fyi..he doesn't work for the gaming commission.

Anonymous said...

He will have to resign his job on the Gaming commission for a part time job. He should just drop out of race now

Anonymous said...

I worked at the gaming board with Jeff. He is no longer working here with us I beleave he works for lehigh County . He did a great job when he was here and will do a great job as a councilman. I don't live in bethlehem but, I hope one day my town could have a councilman as good as Jeff.

Anonymous said...

I beleave he works for lehigh County

Hatch Act??

Bernie O'Hare said...

Better re-read the Hatch Act. It does not apply.

Anonymous said...

This man bleeds Christmas City. He will be mayor one day.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Oh geeze, here we go. Another "future mayor" Get in line.

Louie Denaldo said...

Show your true name if you're going to make comments like this

Anonymous said...

Bernie, I all seriousness, please explain why the Hatch Act doesn't apply to employees of a county government. Thanks

Bernie O'Hare said...

Because the law was relaxed for municipal officials.

Anonymous said...

So if you are born in Bethlehem, go to all Bethlehem schools including college, stay in Bethlehem. Only use Bethlehem toilets and marry a cousin, you are ready to be in the city government.

OK, I will take Bangor.

Louie Denaldo said...

Again, show your true name if you are going to. E making comments ts like this. It's 1:44 am and you're talking trash on a local blog. What, your wife (if you even could get one) kick you out of bed and make you sleep on the sofa?? Save it, pal.

Anonymous said...

Jeff is a great guy and would serve the citizens of Bethlehem well.
Sincerely,
That Guy

TJ Herstich said...

First off I would like to point out that I have known Jeff since he was in grade school as he has been my brothers best friend forever. With that out, Jeff will be a tremendous asset to city council. He truly loves Bethlehem and believes it has the potential to become even better than it has. The biggest thing is that Jeff will do what elected officials are supposed to do. Listen to the people he represents and abide by their wishes.

Good luck Jeff!