About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, February 13, 2015

Easton Lawyer Seeks Mini-Judge Job in Center City Bethlehem

FROM PAUL J BENDER, ESQ. - Local attorney Paul J. Bender announced today that he is running for Magisterial District Judge in Center City Bethlehem (District 03-2-01). Bender, a Democrat, plans to cross-file on both the Democratic and Republican primary ballots, as is typically done in these non-partisan races.

Bender grew up in Bethlehem under the guidance of a single mother, attended Bethlehem Catholic High School and La Salle University, and then continued his education at Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in Lansing.

Paul Bender has practiced law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey with local firm Pfeiffer, Bruno, Minotti and DeEsch since 2007. 

Bender's family owned and operated a fruit and produce company – Trimble Bros. – on the South Side of Bethlehem.

“As a resident of downtown Bethlehem, and having grown up here,” Bender continued, “I have a great appreciation and respect for the rich history and traditions of our city. I want to see the City of Bethlehem and all that it has to offer continue to be enjoyed by residents and visitors alike for generations to come.”

Magisterial District 03-2-01 covers the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Wards of the City of Bethlehem, generally encompassing the Center City area and historic district from the north bank of the Lehigh River to Elizabeth Avenue.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is th3 current DM?

Anonymous said...

Roy Manwaring

Anonymous said...

could make for an interesting race

Bernie O'Hare said...

I think I better find out if Roy is running. If he is, I don't know why he is being challenged. I have never heard any but good things about Roy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Roy is running.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/bethlehem/mc-bethlehem-district-judge-reelection-manwaring-20150202-story.html

Bernie O'Hare said...

Then i do not understand this challenge, although the people will have a choice.

Anonymous said...

Same thing going on in Hellertown. Young lawyers are now attracted to these jobs since the job name was changed to "Judge"

Anonymous said...

This young woman is running against David Tidd, apparently.
https://www.facebook.com/ElectAmanda

Bernie O'Hare said...

Thank you. I will try to get that out there.

Anonymous said...

Part time job...86k yearly salary with FULL benefits and a state pension AND they can continue to practice law! This is a no brainer why these attorney's want that! I like Roy Manwaring but IMO David Tidd needs to goooooooo...ask anyone about the integrity of David Tidd and you'll get the same answers.

Bernie O'Hare said...

If you want to attack someone's integrity, shouldn't you say who you are? What dies that say about your integrity?

Anonymous said...

TIdd needs to go:

1. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2015/01/phone_directory_files_lawsuit.html

2. There are many rumors about a more serious investigation as well.

3. Cross reference your previous article: http://lehighvalleyramblings.blogspot.com/2015/01/magisterial-district-judge-tidd-seeking.html with 207 Pa. Code Rule 4.1(a)(11)

4. Also, ask his secretaries to comment anonymously...

I expect the standard "don't attack someone's integrity anonymously" response but look into it.



Bernie O'Hare said...

Here's the thing. Why can't you take responsibility when you attempt to bury someone else, even if you are right?

Anonymous said...

Bernie - For many reasons...retaliation comes to mind as one.

Bernie O'Hare said...

In most instances, people who make these anonymous allegations are full of shit and are perfectly willing to have me waste my time while they hide behind the shroud. If his opponent is secretly making these accusations or has anything to do with them, her license to practice should be pulled. Maybe I'll ask Tidd's secretaries who has been approaching them for dirt and expose the anonymous coward who can't say who he or she is.

Amanda Kurecian said...

I have been following this thread since yesterday afternoon when I was told that someone posted a link to my facebook account on here.

I did NOT post these comments, did not instruct anyone to post any comments, and have no idea who did. So please do not imply that I did or committed an ethics violation.

If I want to see who visited my websites at a certain time I can use Google Analytics to do so. Use of such an application should be able to clear my name in this matter.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Amanda, I will accept your word that you had nothing to do with these OT attacks. I suggest you tell your supporters that this kind of tactic is unhelpful. I will be talking to Tidd's secretaries. I'm more interested in finding out who is spreading this garbage than the garbage itself.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I find it interesting that you have been following this conversation since yesterday. You must be familiar with this blog. When you announced you were running, why did you not send an announcement?

Bernie O'Hare said...

If you did and I missed it, I apologize. But I don't see one from you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.