About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bless Me Rebecca, For I Have Sinned

Her name probably means very little to most of you, but I'm a big fan of blogging pioneer Rebecca Blood. She may avoid politics like the plague on her own blog, but long ago suggested a very brief set of six ethical standards that apply particularly well to poliblogs. I've posted them here before. One of her six commandments is to "Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry."

Well, bless me Rebecca, for I have sinned. I've already taken down a few posts critical of LVPoliblog and blogger Chris Casey.

As most of you know, I really am a miserable bastard. When I get into one of my moods, I can clear an entire aisle in the Recorder's office in three seconds flat. It's a good thing I'm incredibly handsome.

In addition to being temperamental, I sometimes attempt unilaterally to impose my blogging standards on everyone else, whether they like it or not, for their own good. That's not my call to make. For that, I am sorry. To prove it, I have violated my own frickin' rule and deleted some of my own posts for the first and, hopefully, the only time. Yes, I have broken Rebecca's Fourth Commandment and taken down a few posts that really just vent about other bloggers instead of informing you about local issues.

I'll try to do better in the future.

To his credit, Casey has acknowledged his own mistakes. As far as I am concerned, the matter is over and it's time to move on.

If we screw up again, Rebecca will nail us with a thunderbolt or something.

5 comments:

Blah Society said...

Congrats! And FINALLY!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what did we miss! Away a few days and all ckcck breaks lose. what did these two guys do?

LVCI said...

If the world were perfect... pencils wouldn't come with erasers on them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.