About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

What's Up Tatamy!

Abby's competition
Based on a tip from an anonymous source (her mother), I've just learned that a nine-year old girl has joined the ranks of bottom-feeding bloggers. Abby Miller is the publisher of What's Up Tatamy!, a hyperlocal blog that focuses on happenings in and around Tatamy. Her name is Abby Miller and she just finished third grade at Shafer Elementary School in Nazareth.

Unlike me, she keeps her stories brief and makes great use of pictures. She also brings the reader into her stories. I particularly liked her story about Tony's Pizza, which tells us that Tony's two brothers also has restaurants and that he moved here from Sicily at age 15.

Abby's Dad Rudy is an editor at The Express Times, and her mom Caroline is the lead Deputy at the NorCo Civil Division. They both should be very proud of their industrious young daughter..

Abby does all the writing herself, and her dad edits for typos.

I offered to take her with me to cover a Nazareth meeting, but Caroline passed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She probably didn't want to be associated with such a controversial type. Also I hear she is a Trump supporter

Rudy Miller said...

Thanks, Bernie. We're proud of her. --Rudy

Scott Armstrong said...

You're wearing elevator shoes in this photo right?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Scott, I am 5'9", and am still a tad shorter than most. But what I lack in size ... I lack in size.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very cool kid.

Anonymous said...

Very cute blog. Bernie, you do realize that your future writing awards are now in jeopardy? You have competition!

Bernie O'Hare said...

She's very good. She has a nice, friendly style and probably models her writing after me. At least that's what i'll tell everyone.