Perhaps Judge Anthony should be "overwhelmed" himself when he seeks retention next year. In addition to his fondness for child abusers, I recently came across unsettling evidence that he pretty much thumbs his nose at the Code of Judicial Conduct governing the behavior of judges. It's a little more disturbing than sleeping in his office in his office in his robes
According to the Facebook rant of a political hack who has a long-time vendetta against Lehigh County DA Jim Martin, he and Judge Anthony were exchanging emails, phone calls and lunch dates until February of this year. Among other things, he admits that they've discussed Lehigh County criminal cases. He claims to be discussing closed cases, but it is the pattern of this zealot to contact judges about cases that are still pending. He has at times quoted from emails he's received from other Lehigh County jurists about cases that are still very much open. As a former political consultant, he appears to have some sort of hold on these judges.
Something happened in February. Exactly what is unclear. But after that last conversation with Judge Anthony, he was visited by four Allentown cops. No charges were filed, but that seems to have ended the collaboration.
"[W]e are very confused by Judge Anthony's flip-flopping and disloyal retreats, double-agent duties, and surrenders," notes the Martin hater's wife.
Now the Martin hater has released an email exchange he had with Judge Anthony in 2014. In this email, which was sent to several people, Judge Anthony engages in the following unethical behavior:
- After discussing someone he considers a "deceitful" cop, Judge Anthony amazingly claims that DA Jim Martin "has a reputation for making special deals for friends who get themselves in trouble, and for using the law to nail people he doesn't like ... ."My suspicion is that, if there is one, there are several emails like this. I have written to Judge Anthony and asked for an explanation. Quite clearly, he has demonstrated bias and has injected himself in political matters. Like a sneak, he was doing it through a useful stooge. Judge Anthony certainly should be removed from considering any criminal cases and should resign.
- He accuses Martin of ducking military service during the Vietnam conflict. "Yet, like so many neocons he walks and talks as if he were a tough guy, and he thinks himself superior."
- Noting that Martin is or was a member of the Lehigh Country Club, Judge Anthony calls him a "heavy drinker" who thinks nothing of driving after "consuming considerable amounts of alcohol." He speaks of a police officer who recently let Martin off the hook and claims there is an older incident in which Martin was arrested, but the charges were dismissed by retired Magistrate Ted Russiano.
- Although I'm pretty sure he's a Catholic, Judge Anthony pays very close attention to who did and did not graduate from Central Catholic High School, and seems to think CCHS grads are in some sort of cabal. He notes that Martin is a CCHS grad and has been represented by a CCHS grad,as though that means something.
- He states Martin "is not just a coward who shirked on military service during the Vietnam era, but he is also a liar and a bully."