Thursday, October 30, 2014
Brown Extends Open Enrollment
After COB today, Northampton County Executive John Brown sent a mass email to County employees, explaining the gap insurance in detail. He has also extended open enrollment until November 21. Because some county employees have no email, and others may be off tomorrow, I am posting the email Brown sent below. An employee was kind enough to send it to me.
From: "John A. Brown"
Date:10/30/2014 4:46 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: All Northampton County Employees
Subject: OPEN ENROLMENT REVISION
OPEN ENROLLMENT WILL BE EXTENDED THROUGH NOVEMBER 21, 2014
· The County will proceed with the changes announced for the 2015 healthcare plan,however the County will provide, at no cost to the employee, a Supplemental Deductible/Coinsurance Plan (GAP Insurance) for each enrolled employee. This plan is designed to reduce the out of pocket expenses for the employee.
· Employees will have the ability to revise their FSA Form based on this new information. FSA limit remains the same, $2,500. (When submitting new forms, please indicate “REVISED”)
· Employees who made health care changes (opt-in, opt-out, removed dependents) will have the ability to modify their election. (When submitting new forms, please indicate “REVISED”)
· Employees who wish to modify their voluntary retirement contribution form will have the ability to revise their election. (When submitting new forms, please indicate “REVISED”)
GAP Insurance Details
• Supplemental Plan Deductible and Coinsurance
Each insured person has a $500 annual deductible. After the deductible is met, the insured person pays 10% of services until they pay $2,100 coinsurance. $2600 total out of pocket per person 2 per family ($5200).
• Maximum Benefit Amount
$4,000 is the maximum benefit amount payable for benefits described on this page during a benefit year for each Insured Person. Limit 2 per family ($8000).
Meeting schedule to follow.
Supervisors: Please see that employees without computers receive this message.
John A. Brown