About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pam Varkony Has Weekly Internet Radio Show

I was always told I have a face for radio. But my career as an occasional guest host for shock jock Ron Angle was short-lived. He got fired, and I went down with the U.S.S. Angle.

I'm sure one of my favorite writers, Pam Varkony, will do much better. She's hosting a weekly Internet radio program called "Power of Women," starting today at 2 PM. Her program, broadcast by the VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network, can be accessed right here. Her first guest is Mimi Griffin, Executive Director of the 2009 U.S. Women’s Open. She's held her own in the male dominated world of sports broadcasting and major event planning.

Pam, incidentally, is the founder of Power of Women, a group of women who shares common experiences, raises awareness of their importance to each other, and provides ongoing support for their goals and dreams.

Congrats, Pam!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Pammy be coming off the golf course to empower these women w/ some internet radio exposure?

Anonymous said...

She's a smart lady and I've enjoyed her writings. The one thing about her - I can't help but think she's Mandy Pepperidge, all grown up.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Bernie (a.k.a. "8:34am"), wink wink.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Stay on your own blog, Villa. You can gloat there about Donovan's broken jaw, but nobody is interested in you or what you say any more, even when you do it anonymously.

Anonymous said...

Only Bill Villa sees right through you O'Hare?

Guess again.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Go away. Don't you and your enabling Stepford wife have some grants to apply for? Don't keep King Edwin waiting.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Pam! I wish I would have known about the Power of Women group. We are having an event on May 2, 2009 that is focusing on Women and families. www.lifestylesofthegss.piczo.com
It is called the The Mother's and Children's Appreciation Dinner. Maybe you could come and be apart of the event ? (Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the blog, Bernie)
Also, congrats, again, on the show, Pam!

- Alfonso Todd

Pamela Varkony said...

Bernie, Alfonso, et al...

I appreciate the good wishes. Live radio is very intense, but it's a wonderful opportunity to feature interesting women and important issues.

And to Anon 8:34: I'm more a nerd than Mandy Pepperidge to wit, I had to Google the name to see who she was: So thanks for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

I find it difficult that so many seem to believe in this woman. She is pure and simple an elitist. So much for the common folk. I love when she enters a room, scans the room to see who she thinks is important and glidefully saunters up to them, generally ignoring others of lesser import. And, Bernie, if you are in the room, believe me you are one of the first on her agenda. (Goodness, I know you are important, lovable, sweet,but.....)
Yes Bernie, you are the first.
Bob

Anonymous said...

I agree I met her once, I was a nobody and she had to move on mid-sentence. That and teh forever plastic smile.
Another pol. She will run again soon. Reminds me of a Republican version of Sam Bennett.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Pam is a brilliant woman and a very good writer. We are all better off with her than we are without. I won't speak for her, but think a policial careeer would interfere w/ her love for writing.

Anonymous said...

"brilliant woman", really? why did you have to add "woman"? Can't it just read "brilliant".
You are a sexist.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I do use the word "woman." I do find that to be noteworthy. In a world still dominated by men, Pam is successfukl at many things. I think many of the snarks directed at her by others come from jealousy and sexism. She's very independent, too, and that must bother some.