About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Northampton County Judicial Race: Who Do You Like?


“Da court’s in session, da court’s in session, now here come de judge, here come de judge...”

Let's have some fun. Even though there are eight candidates running for three judicial vacancies in Northampton County next year, many of you seem to know at least some of them. So let me ask you, who do you like?

I've created a poll on the left sidebar, listing candidates in alphabetical order. If the election were held today, which three candidates would get your vote? If you're undecided, you can come back later and cast your ballot. If you already know who you like, you can post a comment below to explain the reason for your picks.

This poll, run through PollDaddy, is set up to block repeat voters by cookies and IP address. This should deter, but not eliminate, the possibility that someone will cheat. As a matter of full disclosure, I should tell you I can cheat, too. I can "reset" results. I have no intention of doing that because it will spoil the fun, but you should not take this too seriously.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Narlesky is robo-calling this week. Is he using Scissorhands?

Bernie O'Hare said...

He is using the Scissorhands firm, though I am told that Scissorhands is in Arizona.

Lighthouse said...

While the only poll that counts is on election day, from your informal poll it doesn't look like the big "Lisa Supports" signs are helping Hollenbach (11 of 257 votes). I've seen at least two of those signs.

No surprise Dally and Zito are the strongest. Everyone else fighting for third.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Yeah, I saw those big signs, one of which is at Steve Miga's business. He must be a big fan of Barb.

I'm not sure whether the women's poor showing is a reflection of their race or this blog's readership. I've read most blog readers are male for some reason. I'm not sure it's true.

We shall see.

Raymond Lahoud said...

Go Sam Go!

Sam Murray is the one for Judge! He has what it takes and never lets his politics or the like take over his principals, faith, and moral character.

Murray for Judge!

Anonymous said...

It is interesting how Daly now rages against "pay to play" but has been silent about it for years when it was practiced by Ridge administration and the Republican leadership in the State Senate and House.
Why leave the battlefield for a judgeship now? Using his current postion to garner headlines for himself now smacks of political opportunism of the worst kind.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Craig Dally has always been something of a reformer so I don't think your claim of partisanship has merit. But I'll agree that the measure will fail without support from both parties.

Dally's measue is aimed at statewide reform. It might merit a story in Philly or Pittsburgh, but won't help much here. From what I see of the poll, it looks like he needs no help anyway.

Why leave the state house for a judgeship? That's a good question, and one that Dally will certainly be asked.