About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Do Masks Help Sensitive Teeth?

Yesterday morning, I woke up with both a headache and a severe tooth ache. I have sensitive teeth, and this happens to me when ever there is winter storm.  My experience has been that nothing helps. You just have to ride it out. 

Yesterday, the pain went away when I was walking, so I assumed that the exercise probably helped. But it returned as soon as I stopped.  It has suddenly dawned on me how to end it. In fact, I ended it early this morning by doing one simple thing. 

Wearing a mask. 

When I exercise outside, I bring a mask but never wear it. When it gets cold, however, I have always worn a balaclava. I have quite a few. I have always liked the way they warm up my head, neck and the air as I breathe it. 

When I walked yesterday, and I was out twice, I wore a balaclava. My toothache was gone. The pain returned when I got home.

This morning, I donned a mask inside my underground lair, even though I am near no one. In 15 minutes, the pain was gone.  

I think the mask (or balaclava) might help those of us who suffer tooth aches during weather changes. 

This is just my personal experience. Nothing more. 

Have you had any positive experiences from wearing a mask? Feel free to share.  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing and I mean NOTHING that is worse than a toothache! Sensitive teeth are one thing but toothaches are a whole different animal. I would love to make fun of you but I would never do that over a toothache. I wouldn’t wish that upon my worst enemy!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Agree they suck. But it’s going away so long as I wear a mask. Weird.

Carl said...

A neck gaiter works really well also as it can be hiked up over your nose and ears.

Anonymous said...

I've been told the mask makes me better looking.

Anonymous said...

If we wear masks year around, Wolf says it will cure cancer but won't help UGLI as evidenced by the governor's staff.

Anonymous said...

Bernie
Try a mask made of plastic wrap

Bernie O'Hare said...

2:30, Brian Monahan tells me that lol

Anonymous said...

I had a positive experience wearing a mask - a hot blonde said I am handsome.

Anonymous said...

Bernie

Nothing is worse than a toothache. The mask wearing is a very interesting observation. Hope you feel better.

Mike McG. said...

Bernie, my wife has the same sensitivity in her teeth, and nothing worked until someone mentioned Listerine Sensitivity Mouthwash with zero alcohol. Since then, she’s been able to walk in cold weather with no tooth pain.
For what it’s worth.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Mike McG, Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will get a bottle today. I was unaware there was zero-alcohol listerine. I use Act and sensydyne, but this flares up at times. It basically took me out of action for two days.