About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Bells Across Pa on May 3



As Poe would tell us, the tintinabulation of clanging bells has different meanings at different times, from a "world of merriment" to "world of solemn thought." Perhaps all these emotions are appropriate when the iron tongues of church bells toll on May 3 at 7 pm. We certainly should be grateful to those who have continued feeding us as well as those who've kept us out of harm's way. Yet at the same time, the sobbing of the bells can express how many of us feel about both lives and liberties lost.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Let Freedom Ring.

Anonymous said...

When I view TV commercials with sensitive music, overworked healthcare workers who still had time to choreograph and rehearse endless dance videos, and the empty symbolism of ringing bells and flags at half mast (why are we doing this, this time?), I'm saddened. I know I should get back on the we-are-the-world, hero worship, cake and circuses bandwagon. I just can't.

Anonymous said...

Of course you can't anon 1:13.

Anonymous said...

Yes, bells. That will solve our problems!

Anonymous said...

Ding dong, baby. Ding dong.

Anonymous said...

I say everybody show up at Wolf's palace and throw bells through his picture window. Just kidding. Shove yer bell up yer arse.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm wondering just where your bell might be found.

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguvSPdtHQ8

Bing Bong Trump....he was way out in front on this bing bong bell hoax.