About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Angle Likes Bethlehem's Ethics Comm'n Proposal

Last week, when Olga Negrón-Dipini and Michael Colón unveiled their local ethics commission proposal, I had lots of questions. So many that audience members might and did think I opposed the idea. The reality is that I support any and all efforts to improve local government accountability and transparency. While meaningful reform must come from the state, I'll take what I can get.

Ron Angle is a former member of  NorCo Council. Before I go any further, let me tell you he's happy as a citizen, where he believes he is more effective. He told me, "I'd like to buy both of them lunch." I told him that would violate their gift ban proposal.

Whether an ethics commission is enacted is unimportant. What is important is that honesty in local government is addressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only ethical capitalist is a communist...I'm sure the reverse is true too.