About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Scheller to Waive Her Pay in Lehigh

According to The Express Times, Lisa Scheller was re-elected Chair of Lehigh County's Board of Commissioners during their Monday reorganization. But what I find interesting is that she agreed to waive her salary.

Her detractors might say she's finally getting paid what she's worth. But I consider it a very noble gesture on her part. She's loaded, doesn't need the money, and is in effect donating $8,000 to her County in addition to whatever she pays in taxes.

I don't share her philosophy on most issues, and don't expect other Commissioners to follow suit. But it's an indication to me that she's sincere.

In four years, who knows?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since she can afford it a shrewed move to push her agenda.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I doubt her sincerity given who she's married to and the shenanigans they and their partners have pulled.

I think 933am is right, it's a shrewd move to try to claim the moral high ground, done by a person to can easily afford the donation.

Anonymous said...

Big deal. She is richer than God.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Yeah, but is she richer than the Catholic Church?

I know she's loaded, but it's a nice gesture.

Chris Casey said...

Bernie, I just pulled out the reform team mailer from 2011, and I have to tell you, Scheller looks like HELL now. Either they massively retouched that picture back then, or the job is killing her. It doesn't even look like her.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Chris, If she looks bad, and I consider her an attractive woman, that is entirely my fault as a photographer.