About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Christen Borso, NorCo's Miss Congeniality



When I arrived in Easton this evening, hoping to catch some of the candidate remarks in a crowded Northampton County Council race, it was already over. But I was lucky enough to corner Christen Borso before she left.

If they handed out Miss Congeniality awards in politics, she'd win hands down. here's what she had to say:

"I've been a resident of Northampton County in Bethlehem for 44 years. I would like to be on Council simply because I have attended every Council meeting for the last year. I also feel I am the average person, which I think is very important. I'd be there working for you. I believe it's important to be a great communicator, that it's important to be able to get along with people. I also like to tell you that I'm part of Lehigh Valley Planning Commission, started Women Empowering Women. I am a small business owner. Some of the things that are important to me are infrastructure with the county, creating a stronger bond with the LVEDC, protecting greenspace, farmland preservation (has been phenomenal and  I find that fascinating) , and I would also like to preserve Gracedale." 

Blogger's Note: I will attempt to get short video clips from the Republican candidates in the coming week.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't she Kraft and McClure's candidate?

Anonymous said...

yes

Hammer~Time said...

Stop what you are doing! Because ...

I really was impressed with Tom O'Donnell and Jason Toedter.

O'Donnell had some really refreshing and new ideas. And he really put Stoffa, the administration, and council on notice to fly right or be gone. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or looking at someone else. That is the benefit of being capable of looking in two completely different ways at once; you can hold a conversation with yourself and not even be privy to what you are going to say next. Or you can legitimately talk out of both sides of your own mouth. I think he will go over big with the likes of the case workers that are currently working with the elderly. You know who you are, you idiotic cowards. You know where you can find me! Oh, I might have him confused with another idiotic and anonymous coward.

Anyway as for Toedter, well he is highly educated. And I believed everything that came out of his articulate pie-hole. For the unwashed masses, such as myself, we are lucky to have such an individual that would lower himself just to serve us pee-ons in a public service capacity. I just hope that he allows some of his highly esteemed knowledge to depart itself on to his chair. That way, possibly through osmosis, his ass can be highly educated, too. Thus it would be a smart-ass.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Isn't she Kraft and McClure's candidate?"

I like her anyway.

Anonymous said...

What's with her literature. The funny poses and the purple stuff. Looks like an ad for an Avon lady. Very strange.

Chris said...

There is nothing funny about the pose. I am human...as far as the purple goes it happens to have been my grandmother's favorite color. She recently passed so I thought it would be a great way to have her be part of the campaign.
uamatte circle

Anonymous said...

Not only is she a McClure/Kraft flunky, she's a people person! OMG!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I don't think Christen is anyone's "flunky."

Anonymous said...

Oh me oh, my oh. One thing she and her buddy ken Kraft have in common is they are both thin skinned and quick to get mad.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I don't believe her reply was angry or thin-skinned. She answered some nasty questions. By the way, who the hell cares whether a candidate likes the color purple?

Anonymous said...

7:17 coward. Show yourself 8

Anonymous said...

I like purple and think her sigs are nicer than 90% of the signs all over

Anonymous said...

O think it is more of a magenta or even lavender. they smell real nice.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Time for your drug cocktail, Tricia.