About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

LVR Nominated for Bill White's Hall of Fame ... Again

As you know, the Morning Call's very own Eye of Mordor, columnist and blogger Bill White, is accepting nominations for his Hall of Fame. I'm uncertain exactly how one gets inducted, but know it's no great honor. In ruling himself out, for example, White said he is "the most inoffensive, reasonable, lovable person imaginable."

For the past two years, White has featured nominees that are simply too nice for inclusion. Last year, somebody nominated TV weatherman Ed Hanna, but that went nowhere. This year, it's the Cipko brothers, philanthropists who were mainly guilty of poor fashion skills. They're dead, too. That nomination will obviously fail. Standards set by original inductee Ron Angle are much higher (lower?) than that.

I've been nominated for this dishonor again. Last year, Corp-guy gave this ringing endorsement: "Bernie O'Hare ... uses his blog to target people he hates and through logic only a dis-barred attorney could use try to destroy them. I know you think he is an asset but he is a bitter little man who picks and chooses the so called evil he goes after. Innocent people have been hurt by his cruelty." This year, someone claims this award is for bona fide nut jobs, and thinks of me immediately. "I nominate O'Hare. He is an egomaniac, disbarred attorney with a messianic complex and he sure is disruptive and NUTZ. A few years back he cost taxpayers plenty with his private little war over a bond issue. He has a blog that routinely destroys people he dislikes. He is Angles buddy and Yours, that alone should get him a seat a the table of Shame."

Moi?

Busted! They got me. But I'm deeply offended by the suggestion that Bill White and I are pals. Sure, I bump into him now and then during public meetings, but he usually moves the second he sees me. I thought I saw him once at Musikfest, but whoever I saw was hurling at the time so I didn't want to get too close.

Actually, two years of blogging has earned me quite a few enemies, mostly among the Lehigh Valley power players. That's fine with me.

5 comments:

Blah Society said...

I've always said if you're pissing people off, you're doing something right.

Bill said...

What an Honor. Would get a plaque or some kind of honorarium?

Anonymous said...

2 people from the Bangor School Board? Wow, talk about a stretch. Bangor?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you deserve the honor.

Bill Villa said...

Bill White: just a thought ... obviously nobody cares about your perennially unfunny "Hall of Fame" thing ... so how about trying a new approach ... maybe a "defending the underdog" angle or an "exposing corruption" stance or a "blowing the whistle on rampant cronyism between The Morning Call and DA Jim Martin's office" position. I'm only trying to help you and your column ...