About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Molovinsky the Filmmaker

That bastard, Michael Molovinsky, has been playing with all of us. He portrays himself as some stuffy conservative curmudgeon, but he's really a closet hippie.

Want proof? Check out his touching tribute to Allentown artist Gregg Weaver, a film he made back around '72. If you're a boomer like me, the music and images will bring back memories of a wild time in our nation's history - one we're unlikely ever to see again. His film itself is art.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually thought the movie is TRUE art and should be saved. It was made in the year I was born and the hairstyles and clothing show the culture of the day. Did you see the beards, afros, and men's thigh high boots? Classic!
Yeah, BH, MM was definitely an artist that may have become bitter over the years due to the changes in the city. I wonder if he made any more shorts like this?

Alfonso

Bill Villa said...

I wouldn't wanna see MM in shorts ...

Angie Villa said...

I never thought of MM as a stuffy conservative, but it's good to see him getting back in touch with his inner hippie.