About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Panto Lights Up When He Talks About Teaching


He's worked as the right arm of powerful and demanding developers like Charlie Chrin and Gary Strausser. He's now the Lehigh Valley's most successful Mayor. But mention teaching, and Sal Panto lights up like a Christmas tree.

Q. Do you miss teaching?

Panto: "Oh, I miss teaching. I love it. I get back in the class room, both at the college level, the high sc- and the elementary and pre-school! I was at pre-school reading last week. I get the kids all excited because I say Dr. Zeus instead of Seuss and I get 'em all excited and -- I love teaching! I'd go back in a heart beat."

Not yet, Sal. Not yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a great mayor but an even better teacher. I had "Mr. Panto" and he made a very positive impact on my life. Remember Zinjanthropus or as the mayor called the prehistoric man --- "dumb zinny"-- I loved that class. And he also taught us a lot about the history of the entire Easton Area. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

Bernie
just so you know a lot of people are reading these interviews with the mayor but from what a couple of them told me they agree and there is no need to respond. Seems the mayor in Easton is doing a really go9od job, More and more people from my city are going to Easton. It's just the most bloggers only write when they are in opposition.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I think this mayor is doing a fabulous job and everyone in Easton should be thankful that he ran. He left a lucrative private sector job. You could be having Mike Fleck or Gary Bertsch who has already moved to Florida.

Sal is a people person and I thanked him for running again just the other day.