In addition to his role as the unopposed GOP nominee for NorCo Exec, Steve Lynch is the owner of Keystone Alternative Medicine and Weight Loss. Though he has no medical degree, he claims to provide "the most advanced programs, latest and most effective treatments that are optimally customized for the enhancement and improvement of your health and wellness goals." It's little wonder this this huckster, who claims to have a handle on the latest treatments, would also portray himself as a Covid-19 expert. If you'd like to pay a visit to his clinic, get ready for a long drive. The only Keystone Alternative Medicine I can find is located in Oklahoma, and the "alternative medicine" dispensed is weed. This story is about is recent appearance at the Lehigh Valley Tea Party, where this so-called patriot dealt a Covid-19 hand completely full of misinformation.
You can see Lynch's lie above. He refers the Covid-19 pandemic as "nonsense" and insists the math proves it. He noted that there are 2.6 million deaths peer year, on average, in the US. He goes on to claim that last year, when we got nailed by the pandemic, the death rate actually dropped instead of increasing for the deaths caused by a novel coronavirus. He concludes that "treasonous" and "treacherous" communists are "cooking the books and changing the numbers around" to hurt patriots.
The problem with Lynch's math is that it is a complete lie.
The correct information,as provided by the CDC, is as follows:
1) In 2020, there were 3.3 million deaths in the US. That number could increase slightly as more data trickle in.
2) In 2019, the year before the pandemic hit us, there were 2.8 million deaths in the US.
3) Thus, there were 500,000 more deaths in 2020 than in 2019, contrary to the misinformation spewed by Lynch. The death rate increased by 15.9% in the span of just one year.
4) Covid-19 either caused or was a contributing factor in 375,000 deaths in the US during 2020.
5) Following heart disease and cancer, Covid-19 was the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020.
Lynch is a huckster, but is no medical expert. He is hawking merchandise and selling memberships, but is no patriot.