About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, June 15, 2020

Black Flies Matter (and Bite)

As I cycled along the Lehigh River this weekend, I was nailed a few times by those bastard black flies. They will get worse as summer progresses. They do not kill you. They just make you wish you were dead. Fortunately, the state DEP will spray today, starting at 8 am. 

According to a NorCo news release, grey helicopters will hit the Delaware River near Yardley in Bucks and head north to Delaware Water Gap in Northampton County. They will also spray the Lehigh River from the dam in Easton to Allentown.

They use B.t.i., a naturally occurring bacteria that has no effect on other wildlife.

For some reason, I'm getting itchy as I write this.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean deer flies Bernie. Are they little green triangle shaped flies?
Those little bastards hurt. Spray some Cutters on you and you'll be good