About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Cunningham to Waive Compensation on Chinese Board

 Dear LVEDC Board and Staff, 
            I want to thank all of you for your support and excitement regarding my selection to serve as a public director on the Fuling Global board. As you know, Fuling is a unique Lehigh Valley success story. It is the only Chinese-based manufacturer making its product in Pennsylvania with American workers. I look forward to learning firsthand how international manufacturers work and helping to make Fuling successful in the U.S.
            While there is no conflict of interest for me at LVEDC to do this work, the compensation associated with a public director position has been questioned by some outside of LVEDC. It’s an honor to have been asked by Fuling to serve on its board. I did not accept it for the compensation but to learn and to help. Therefore, I’ve asked Fuling to not compensate me and to consider donating my compensation to a worthy cause or causes in the Lehigh Valley. The company has agreed.
            There is nothing more important for me professionally than making LVEDC the best it can be and having our organization held in the highest regard. While it’s perfectly legal for me to serve, I have learned that perception often becomes people’s reality, and I don’t want to cause any harm to LVEDC or Fuling.  Like all of you and most leaders in the Lehigh Valley, I sit on numerous boards. Board service is a way we learn, develop professionally and help organizations and causes. 
            Again, I thank all of you for your encouragement, excitement and support. I look forward to working with you as we head into 2017 and finalize our new 3-year strategic plan.
            My best,
            Don 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Trump write this for him?

michael molovinsky said...

Don, I understand that your decision to not take the compensation is well intended, but I believe that you shouldn't serve on their board, period. If you were asked to serve on the board of a local company with local competition, the inappropriateness of such an appointment, as a development official, would be apparent. I realize that the company and product is unique for the area, but hopefully, eventually it will be more common place. It's your job to promote Lehigh Valley as a place of corporate opportunity, with a level playing field.

Anonymous said...

This guy cannot be trusted.

Anonymous said...

"My best"??? Sup with that? Is that how he ends all of his correspondences?

Anonymous said...

Better ending..."I`m not a crook!"

Anonymous said...

Pis get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

Anonymous said...

"Pis get fat. Hogs get slaughtered."

The Don has always walked that fine line. He seems to be getting a little sloppy in his older age.