About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Despite Threatened Protests, Local Gov't Seminar at NCC Still On

Frickin' amazing! Who the Hell organizes a protest for a seminar about local government? Last I heard, doctors are prescribing them for people with insomnia. But some people are just plain batshit cRaZy. Especially religious kooks like Fake Rev. Mario Martinez, who insists Angle is Satan and I am his little helper.

Yesterday, I told you that Fake Professors Ron Angle, Sal Panto and Jose Rosado and I have been invited to participate, as panelists in the "local government" segment of a 3-day Citizens' Academy being hosted by Northampton Community College. We're scheduled to make our presentations on Thursday at 6 PM. I was invited to participate, not because of my opinions, but because I do attend a lot of local government meetings.

And I do.

Over six years of active blogging, I've managed to step on a lot of toes. Most of my victims, especially elected officials, are pretty good about the criticism and even better at giving it back to me. But there are a few people out there who confuse me with what I'm saying. They think that attacking me personally somehow negates an otherwise valid argument. So when I make a point, they'll respond with all kinds of hate, from idiotic comments about the size of my penis to my 1985 (yes, that's 1985) suspension as an attorney. They engage in email campaigns to warn any person I discuss here, and have even started a knock-off blog in the vain hope that they can dilute my message.

They've failed.

The latest stunt pulled by these trolls was to publish a blog claiming, falsely, that the Citizens' Academy had been canceled. Fake Rev. Mario Martinez did that because he thought someone from the Gracedale crowd, preferably him, should have been chosen as a panelist. "We The People [he refers to himself like that] could speak with experience relating to 'fostering civic awareness and government engagement' much better then the two misfits [that would be Angle and me] can...because we are aware, and we did engage - and we WON."

When I saw this, I called Northampton Community College. I learned the program was still going to be held, despite (or perhaps because of) the numerous complaints being made about Angle and me. I was also told that the Gracedale people were made aware that the show was going on. Basically, the Fake Rev., the dude who claims God is on his side, lied to you. Because he was afraid of what Evil Ron Angle or I might say, he deliberately deceived his readers.

Fellow blogger Untouched Takeaway, unwilling to accept what anyone says at face value, decided to check it out herself. She called NCC, and learned that the Fake Rev (Mario Martinez of Forks Township) was indeed being untruthful. When she challenged this phony, he deleted her comments and now is accusing me of impersonating her.

She tells you about it here.

Since I love her writing style and humor, I don't mind being accused of being her. It's a big step up from being accused of posting as Brenda. Tricia Mezzacappa, aka The Wicked Witch of West Easton, used to post here using that name. I've also been accused of being Monkey Momma, the Banker and Retired ASD Teacher.

They're all much smarter than me, so I don't mind.

But Untouched Takeaway, a fashionista who can distinguish between Balenciaga and balaclava, is a bit miffed at being called a bottom-feeding blogger like me.

Can't say I blame her. I wouldn't want to be called me, either.

Now they are claiming that Angle must have purchased the minimum number of registrations himself. This is also untrue. They want County Council to deny funding to NCC. They are even threatening a demonstration outside the hall.

Ron would love that.

The Fake Rev, through his lies, has created a lot more interest in this seminar than it otherwise would have received.

Updated 9:05 PM: The Fake Rev. claims that my quotation from him comes from an email he sent to NCC.  How did I get it, he asks, and then claims that staffers there must have sent it to me. Actually, the quotation in question comes from his own blog, dated 2/28, the one in which he falsely claims that the seminar has been canceled. Now he is falsely accusing NCC officials of leaking emails when the language in question appears on his own blog.

Dumbass.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint it any way you want O'Hare. Having a failed pol like the condemned Ron angle and a hate blogger like you on a panel about government is sad. Hopefully, the part about county council will be true. Only you Angle and Panto can be happy about this.

Anonymous said...

We, this people demand the fake reverend remove that ridiculous fake mustache and show what he's hiding under there.

zoid said...

Good for you Bernie, you have your finger on the pulse of local politics more than anyone.

zoid said...

where and what time is this taking place, is it open to the public?

Bernie O'Hare said...

It's Thursday night, 7 PM. It is a class and you must register for it, believe it or not. If you click on the link for Northampton Community College on the blog, it will take you to the right place.

ironpigpen said...

I think the Protesters should enact a hunger strike immediately and sustain such until you and all their other stated enemies agree to commit suicide.

:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to "untouched takeaway"'s blog. That pic of her in the mirror is hot.

You could never impersonate her.

Now, if the fake reverend starts accusing you of posting as Telli Sevales, I'm all ears...

Untouched Takeaway said...

@Anonymous 11:12AM

The "mirror photo" is not me. It's Nancy Kwan singing "I Enjoy Being A Girl" from the film "Flower Drum Song".

The baby photo is me; currently I look a lot like Dick Butkus - only not as feminine.

Thanks for reading!

UT

Anonymous said...

Bernie puts that finger many places but it is not on the pulse of the people.

Anonymous said...

And that is exactly why you came, Anon 11:41, right?

Anonymous said...

You got caught in a blatant lie and are now trying to squirm your way out of your self-created mess by doing the very thing the blogger accused you of doing - making childish personal attacks. With people like you advocating for Gracedale, it won't be in "We the People's" hands much longer.

Anonymous said...

Oh 12:01 pm, since I am a prepubescent boy that is true. Keep posting to yourself O'Hare. You sad pathetic little man.

Bernie O'Hare said...

These people - Mario Martinez, Jack D'Alessandro, Peggy D'Alessandro, Mary Ann Schmoyer, Tricia mezzacappa - post these kinds of offensive lies, and then claim God is on their side.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The Rev must have missed the one that says:

"Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness"

Would seem he'll have some splainin' to do when he meets up with his Boss, if he is a real Rev. And even more to splain if he ain't.

-Clem

Anonymous said...

Hey Bernie how did the seminar go? You didn't post about it.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It was very nice. I wrote about it in my post about Frank Pintabone. No demonstrators.