About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Macungie Blogs Multiply After Supervisor Quits

What the hell is going on in Upper Mac? No, I'm not talking about Tom Gorr's sudden resignation under a cloud of inquiries in which the misuse of township credit cards is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm talking instead about the explosion of blogs that focus on the Macungies. Must be something in the water.

Lehigh County Redneck, a self-described "political assassin" who enjoys the subject of castration just a bit too much, was the first. One blog wasn't enough for her, so she also started Naked Lehigh County Blogger, and is "feeling perky." She ordered her husband, who speaks wistfully of being tortured, to start his own blog, and that's called Musings From Mudville. Her pals are Upper Macungie Queen (I don't think this is a guy) and Chris Casey.

What do they have in common? They all condemn rampant development and official misconduct in the Macungies.

Hooray for our team!

But they're getting some flack from Lehigh Valley Republican and Upper Mac Resident, who'd rather focus on kindergarten and swimming in their very own pools. They think our team is all wet.

Stay the course!

Tonight, they'll all be together at an Upper Mac meeting to see who succeeds Tom Gorr. The National Guard is on alert. No matter what happens, everyone involved should be commended for taking such an interest in their local government. Democracy is alive and well in Upper Mac.

6 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

DemFlyontheWall, I just checked your blog. You finally got the details on the inflatable doll! Good luck tonight!

WhetherVain said...

'Democracy is alive and well in Upper Mac.'

"I like the noise of democracy" (James Buchanan).

Bernie O'Hare said...

Well said, Whethervain. I think you're the first person I've run into who ever quoted Buchanan, the only US President to hail from PA. The quote I remember best is the remark he made to Lincoln when he passed the reins to Old Abe: "If you are as happy entering the presidency as I am in leaving it, then you are truly a happy man."

Anonymous said...

Bernie, I have to wonder about the water supply for the entire valley,and what the hell people are smoking. Where the hell do you people find the time to do all this blogging?

Bernie O'Hare said...

It's a labor of love. How else would I meet someone so interersting as you?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'm not allowed to give legal advice. Better ask Lamont.